Welcome to The Clinic!
Services at The Clinic! are provided by Women’s Health Specialists. For more information, please visit them at www.womenshealthspecialists.org
• High quality, affordable care for sexual and reproductive health of women, men, and teens.
• Compassionate, non-judgmental treatment, always confidential services.
• Educational services – We offer health information, education and counseling in a caring and informative atmosphere.
At The Clinic!, your sexual and reproductive health is always your choice.
Learn more about the contraceptive options available at the Clinic! Click on The Back Up Plan book!
120 Richardson St., Suite A
Grass Valley, CA 95945 (near the South Pine Cafe´)
Mondays 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1-530-521-3273 The Clinic! We’ll answer during business hours. Voicemail is checked daily.
1-800-714-8151 Women’s Health Specialist general questions and Phone Counselors available 8:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
1-800-714-8151 Outside of the regular hours (above) this toll free number is an emergency line for Women’s Health Specialists. Please call 24/7 if you are experiencing complications from a procedure or a medication you received from your visit with WHS.
530-435-8148 Citizens for Choice. Voice mail line; messages retrieved weekly.
No Referral Needed
- Patients visiting The Clinic! DO NOT need a referral from their Primary Care Physician, including patients on Medical or Medicare. The Clinic! is now accepting appointments. Please call 530-891-1911 and will see drop-in clients if all appointments are not filled. This facility is intended to protect your medical privacy rights for men, women and teens. If you are concerned about the privacy of your care, please refer to the following links:
- Contraception / education – we offer numerous choices for contraception, depending on your needs. We will gladly give you all the information so you can make the best choice for your body. We also teach teens how to use a condom! Condoms are free of charge. Interested in an IUD? Read about LARC_Types and descriptions.
- Emergency contraception ( ‘morning after’ pill) – Next Choice and Ella are available at The Clinic! Please inquire for eligibility of coverage under Family PACT which includes coverage of minors. (see cost of services) Medication should be administered within 5 days of unprotected sex for effectiveness, within 72 hours is optimal.
- Pregnancy – testing, counseling and education. ‘Same day’ results. (see ‘Referrals’) If you believe you might be pregnant, please see ‘Are You Pregnant?’ for help.
- Gynecological Care– annual exams, pap smears, pelvic exams, breast exams, education and counseling.
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) Testing and treatment. Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Herpes, and HPV are tested and treated at The Clinic! All other positive tests will be referred to the Nevada County Health Department for appropriate treatment options.
- Testicular exams
- Unplanned pregnancy. We will give you the most up to date information available so you may make the right decision for you. We make referrals for pre-natal care, adoption services, and pregnancy termination (terminations are performed at another location). Women’s Health Specialists offers both medical and surgical terminations and can even refer you to someone who will provide transportation to the appointment. Adoption services and counseling are avail at the Clinic, through Adoption Choices of Northern California. See ‘Are You Pregnant?’ for more information.
- Mammograms – Women over 40 are referred by Women’s Health Specialists to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. Breast cancer early detection program – exam and mammogram may be covered under the ‘Every Woman Counts’ program at no cost.
- HPV vaccine – we will refer you to a clinic that offers this vaccine. More information about this vaccine is available at Women’s Health Specialists www.womenshealthspecialists.org and the National Institutes of Health website at www.health.nih.gov
- RU486 – Offered by Women’s Health Specialists at our sites in Chico, Sacramento Santa Rosa and Redding. Please contact us for more information.
- Vasectomies – information and referral provided.
We want to make services available to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Our ‘In Clinic’ services are on a sliding scale for those with high deductibles, or without health insurance. Other options include:
- Medi-Cal (CMSP). Medi-Cal covers many services. Our staff will gladly assist you to determine if you have coverage.
- Major Medical insurance. Most plans cover our services, many will pay preventive care with no deductible. Some plans have a co-payment or deductible – you may wish to check with your health insurer or ask one of our staff to check for you.
- Family PACT – funding available from the State of California and Federal Government to pay for low income women ages 12-55 (of reproductive age) and men ages 12-60. We’ll help you find out if you are qualified.
- Every Woman Counts Program. Starts at age 40. Available for low income or those with a high insurance deductible. Covers mammograms, breast exams, pap smears, colonoscopy, cancer treatment program, and cryotherapy.