Nevada County Citizens for Choice
Educated Choices For Life.
We are here for you.
- We provide compassionate, confidential, non-judgmental reproductive health care services for women, men and teens through The Clinic! in Grass Valley.
- We offer unbiased, comprehensive and medically accurate education and information so you can make informed decisions about your sexual health.
- We support local sex education programs to assist teens and parents in promoting healthy conversations about sex and responsibility.
- We continually monitor current State and Federal legislation to ensure your reproductive rights are protected, and we passionately advocate for those rights.
Nevada County Citizens for Choice believes that every woman, man and teen deserves reproductive justice: The ability to make educated choices about their reproductive lives and health, and access to the affordable care they need.
We believe that everyone has the right to:
- Affordable, confidential family planning services.
- The most up-to-date, medically accurate information about one’s reproductive health care .
- Access to quality reproductive health care.
We support our local community, and have been the trusted source for thousands of men, women and teens since The Clinic! opened in 2006.
In 1989, an alliance between The American Association of University Women (www.aauwnevadacounty.org ), Business And Professional Women of Nevada County (www.bpwnevadacounty.org ), and the League of Women Voters (www.lwvwnc.org) was formed.
We recognized a need in our community for unbiased, informative family planning and access to reproductive health care. The alliance of women strongly felt that choice – the choice to have children or not – and when – is an absolute right for all people.
Nevada County Citizens for Choice became an independent organization in 1992.
We are incorporated as a California 501 (c) (3) non-profit public health corporation. Our purpose is to provide information, education and services in support of reproductive rights. All contributions to our organization are tax-deductible per current tax law.
Citizens for Choice is a member organization of the California Coalition for Reproductive Freedom (CCRF), a statewide reproductive and sexual health, rights, and justice coalition of more than 30 independent organizations. We are partners with Women’s Health Specialists for The Clinic!, our reproductive health care clinic in Grass Valley.
We want to hear from you! Share your story with us.
Perhaps you had a wonderful experience at The Clinic!, a history of advocating for reproductive rights, or a life altering insight about sex education as a parent. Your story may help others. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit one of these local vendors who generously house our free condoms!
Asylum Down | Behind Closed Doors Fantasy Boutique | BriarPatch Co-op
Classic Tattoo | Clock Tower Records | Common Goals | Coopers
CoRR (Community Recovery Resources) | Crazy Horse Saloon and Grill
Foggy Mountain Music | FoxHound Espresso & Coffee Roaster
Gary’s Place Saloon | Goodtimes Boardstore | Dr. E. Lernhardt, MD (PV)
McGees | Mine Shaft Saloon | Nevada Club
Sierra Care Physicians (PV) | Spirit Farmer Acupuncture
The Open Book | Tribal Weaver
Valentina’s Organic Bistro and Bakery
Nevada County Citizens for Choice. Promoting reproductive justice through education, health care access and advocacy. We exist to inform and enable choice.